The Residence, Dartford is a mix of carefully converted high specification houses and exclusive apartments set within the Grade II listed buildings of the former Stone House Hospital.
Constructed between 1862 and 1866, the hospital served the city of London for many decades. The site featured a series of Grade II listed buildings set high on a hill that now overlooks the Dartford Bridge. Specialist property developers, P J Livesey, set out to refurbish the historic buildings, sympathetically converting them to an exclusive development of mews homes and individually designed apartments.
Bluegyp was appointed by P J Livesey to carry out internal works. This included spray plastering, thermal upgrades throughout the buildings which involved the installation of high performance thermal insulation boards and installing fully enclosed, fire protected bat roosts. The main hall in the building is four storeys high which made access a specific challenge and all works were completed while preserving and matching the original features and detailing of the buildings.
bluegyp demonstrated exceptional workmanship and attention to detail, ensuring that work was completed within strict timescales and to an extremely high standard, in keeping with the original features and aesthetic finish required at this award winning, prestigious development.